Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All in the Family

So I suppose it would make sense to give you guys a little idea about my different characters so you can know where some of my posts and thoughts are coming from. We'll start with a little history of my time in WoW.

I actually only started playing WoW in early December 2008. I have been playing a few different MMOs for years but never really even thought about playing WoW. To be honest the idea of paying a monthly fee wasn't something I ever thought I would do and I was one of those people who just thought WoW players were a little crazy. (Sorry) I knew my cousin had been playing WoW since the early fall and he was always getting on my back to play it but I just brushed it off and told him I wasn't interested at all. So what changed my mind? Oh, you'll love this... It's actually more of a who, that changed my mind. The one, the only, the apparently most sold out rocker that ever was: Ozzy (The Undead Warlock) Osbourne Yup, those commercials are not just hilarious, they actually work! So yes, I decided to try out a free account to to appease my cousin. He told me to start with a shaman or a druid. Being that a I didn't have TBC I couldn't make an Alliance side Shaman, and for some reason I didn't want to make a druid. So I ended up starting with my first character, a Gnome Warlock. After becoming immediately addicted and hitting the level 20 cap in about 3 or 4 days, I was in. Before my ten days were up I bought my subscription and away I went.

I decided to reroll then seeing as I got to level 20 in no time at all and decided on a Dwarf Rogue. All my friends were dwarves and I new the starting zone, and a rogue because I thought it seemed like kind of a cool idea at the time. Bury is currently my main character and the one I spend most of my time on having just hit 80 a few days ago and I have loved it the whole way. My biggest problem with leveling was always that if I pulled too many things I was pretty much screwed since there was no real crowd control once you were in a fight and there was pretty much no way you were hitting more than one person. (Until I made the wonderful decision to respec to Combat somewhere between Outlands and Northrend, that certainly helped.) I am now specced as Assassination because the best rep reward weapons I could get at level 80 were Daggers and I am loving it. I haven't used Mutilate since some time in my 60s or something and it is a lot of fun, not to mention that I have AoE now which I can't state enough, I LOVE IT!

As far as other alts go, I have been spending most of my time not on Bury on a new Dranei Hunter I made. I got a Hunter to 10 once before but didn't enjoy it too much, but after watching BRK's Baby Hunter videos and learning how to kite and use my ranged weapon properly I had a blast and I am loving the Hunter. It's fun to be invincible at lower levels, but having a sort of built in tank that you can heal is great! (I never got very good at using my Void Walker in my Lock days as I was still learning the ropes of the game in general pretty much.) My favorite part of having a hunter, however, is the awesome customizeability and challenges that having a pet provide. I absolutely love trying to find a cool and unique pet, that also does the job I need it to do. At level 12 I took the long hike from Bloodmyst to Dun Morogh to grab Bjarn because I wanted a unique tanking pet and I always thought the pure white bear was pretty cool. I also picked up a really cool looking spider, the Myst Spinner because not only does it look super cool, but I decided around level 18 that I wanted to try battlegrounds a bit and twink out my hunter a little at 19. I grabbed the spider thinking it would be fun to have the web ability, man was I right, concussive shotting and webbing the horde dude with the flag over and over again is so gratifying. I gave my hunter a few crappy enchants that my now 225 enchanting Lock could make, crafted a couple leather things and a semi decent guns and hit WSG. It was way more fun than I could have imagined. I even did pretty well for a first timer, scoring top on my team a couple times. Of course the horde had a rediculous amount of twinks and we usually lost, but it was lots of fun. (This was before the 3.1 uber twink nerf.) I'll probably make another twink sometime in the future just because it was a pretty good time, but at this point my Hunter is somewhere in the mid 20s and now has one of my favorite pets in the game, the Ghost Saber. If that's not a pretty cat, I don't know what is. I'll probably be having some posts in the future about Hunter pets.

I do have a Gnome Death Knight who is something like level 57 right now, too. I only really plan on getting him to around 65 so he can do a couple professions for now, but maybe in the distant future I'll get him to 80, we'll see.

Finally, I have just recently started a Night Elf Druid. (Ironic considering my cousin told me to do that 5 months ago....) I was thinking about what kind of class I would want my next 80 to be, and I wasn't sure exactly what role I would want to do. I know I would like to try something other than melee DPS, but besides that I wasn't sure so I figured what could be better than a Druid, the class that can literally perform every role in the game? I'm actually pretty excited about it too, leveling a new character should be fun and I'm looking forward to trying out healing and tanking, as well as relearning (or more so just learning) to play a caster. And since my main is a leather worker I should have her geared pretty well all the way to 80 too!

So there's a little, or maybe a lot since it seems that I like to write novels, about my characters. I have a pretty good variety as it stands and I definitely like playing all the different ones. So hopefully that will provide a little insight into why I'll be writing about some of the topics that I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment