Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fun with Farming: Rhinos of the Tundra

Fun with Farming:
Fun with Farming is a segment where I discuss some of my favorite places to farm. One of the most important things for me in a farming place is that it's somewhere I can have fun, be entertained, and make a little bit of cash too!

Hey guys, so I just wanted to say something about my favorite new place to farm. It's certainly not the best money maker out there, but if you just have a little time and feel like doing something fun and easy this is it. So just to the south of the Amber Ledge are tons and tons of Rhinos. These guys roam around in packs of 4 to 6 and are level 68 or so with something like 6-7k health. In other words, pre-made easy to AoE groups. And there are a ton of groups, plenty so that by the time you have wiped them out the first groups will be respawning again!

I started doing this a couple weeks ago when it was the Mustard Dogs cooking Daily and I noticed there weren't any Rhino Dogs on the AH. I figured I could get my own and make them for cheap and also throw a few up on the auction house for some extra cash. They sold faster than I could have imagined even at as much as 2g each, sometimes even more! (Selling them in stacks of 4 because the quest requires 4 Rhino Dogs.)

So last night I went to do it again and decided to get a little more in depth break down! So, I threw on some poisons to use as my timer and went to work. In 30 minutes of farming I go 98 Rhino Meat and 37 Chilled Meat. Now that in and of itself isn't bad but one of my favorite little additions is the greys they drop. Each Rhino has basically a 100% chance to drop Matted fur, these sell at 11s 85c each, and in that half hour i got 174 of them, for a total of 20g 61s 90c. They also sometimes drop Cracked Horns which sell at 13s 5c each. I got 40 of these for 5g 4s. They also have your usual world greys which ended up being 6g 55s 23c. So, assuming I sold all the greys and sold the Rhino Meat as 2g each Dogs the way I have been that's 228g 57s 13c over only 30 minutes of ridiculously easy farming! And that doesn't even include the Chilled Meat which usually sell around 5g per stack, so that's another 10g. And, if you are a skinner you will get at least a Borean Leather Scrap from each one of these guys. For me that would have been 174 Borean Leather Scraps (if I hadn't dropped skinning last week, oops.)

I know it's not the best, most efficient way to make money, and it will take a while to sell the dogs if you don't flood the market in order to keep the price high, but still. I had fun mowing them down and it was easy. If I can take 30 minutes of my day and get that much done, then why not right? Especially since I will be using a decent chunk of that Rhino Meat to get my cooking up a little further with those Small Feasts!

So bop on over to the Amber Ledge and check it out! And if you are farming for some cooking mats there's also a lot of low level Mammoths near by but I haven't tried farming them too much yet. When I do, I'll let you know how it goes!

Good Luck!
~Bury

No comments:

Post a Comment